Job Title: Campaign Coordinator
Description: NY Renews is unprecedented statewide coalition that has come together to fight for groundbreaking climate policies grounded in equity and justice for communities and working people.
Spurred by Superstorm Sandy, the People’s Climate March, and the urgent need for state climate leadership under the current federal administration, NY Renews is campaigning to pass a legislative platform in the next two years ensuring New York makes a rapid and equitable transition to 100% renewable energy, funded by a fee on corporate climate polluters. The coalition brings together 140 community-based organizations, environmental justice groups, labor unions, faith groups, business leaders, and other advocates.
We seek a talented, proactive, and dedicated Campaign Coordinator to staff our campaign alongside our Coalition Organizer. This is an opportunity to work with a huge diversity of partners on one of the most exciting climate and equity campaigns in the country.
Position Description & Responsibilities
The Campaign Coordinator will report to the Steering Committee (SC) and is responsible for:
Campaign Coordination: Working with the SC to set campaign strategy and implementation timelines, as well as make key strategic and tactical decisions that arise in the course of the campaign; liaise with full coalition to ensure robust involvement in campaign strategy across the state; facilitate standing coalition working groups (organizing, policy development, communications, fundraising, etc.); maintain close working relationships with current coalition members.
Campaign Implementation: Lead the execution of major state-wide campaign tactics, such as rallies, press conferences, advocacy days, etc; support coalition members in executing local tactics in line with coalition strategy; coordinate press and digital promotion of campaign tactics, to elevate our story in the media; in conjunction with SC, draft key press statements, informational materials, etc.
Alliance-Building: Growing the coalition and strengthening our longstanding alliances through institutional and individual relationship building and maintenance, including with key stakeholders in labor, academia, the business community etc.
· Fierce commitment to social, economic, racial, and climate justice;
· Highly proactive, takes initiative on all projects from conception to completion;
· Strong knowledge of NY political landscape and communities
· Exceptional ability to juggle multiple, simultaneous projects with cross-cutting stakeholders and deadlines, without sacrificing attention to detail;
· People-person, able to foster genuine working relationships of trust and solidarity with a wide variety of partners;
· Excellent organizational, writing, communication, and public-speaking skills;
· Must be based in New York State, some flexibility for exact location;
· (Preferred) 5 years experience working for a community, labor, or environmental organization;
· (Preferred) relationships with leadership of NY economic justice, environmental justice, and/or labor organizations.
Terms of Employment: Campaign Coordinator is a full-time position with health, retirement, vacation, and other benefits. These terms, and others relevant to your employment, are spelled out in the Tides Foundation Personnel Policy that is available upon request. We offer competitive compensation, relative to experience.
Application Process: Email cover letter and resume to NYRenewsJobs@gmail.com. Please put “NY Renews Campaign Coordinator” in the subject line of the email. Application deadline: March 14th, 2018. Starting date: preferably by April 23, 2018 (exact date to be discussed).
NY Renews is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, LGBT and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.